Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Balloon Acension Day!

Sunday 01/09/11

Recovery came in the form of McDonald's Diet Coke and egg drop soup from China Cottage. I dropped food off to my boss, Vi, at the Crystal Castle (my part-time job) as she works all day by herself on Sundays & if she's not fed regularly she gets miserable & cranky.

I love balloons. Love, love, love balloons. So I was super-pumped to learn that today was National Balloon Ascension Day! This day is a commemoration of the the first US aerial voyage. A frenchman named Jean Pierre came all the way to Philly from, well, France to make a buck. He charged $5 at ticket for spectators to come watch him lift off from prison yard in his hot air balloon on January 9, 1773. President George Washington even came to watch. Presumably he got in for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment