Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Bean Day!

Wednesday 01/05/11

I am having a Renaissance with Chipotle. I'm not a fan of the spicy, but I absolutely loved me some 'Potle when they first came on the scene. My sister even tried to talk my parents into franchising one! I quickly grew tired of it, but today being National Bean Day & all, I decided to give it a re-whirl.

That burrito was probably the only good part about my day. Before noon I had already gotten a speeding ticket (a totally bogus one to boot!) and hit a parked car (tho that may have actually been my fault). I had stayed up late the night before watching Human Centipede with the roomie & then I couldn't sleep. My friend Justin, whom we will discuss at a later date, couldn't either so we ended up having a late-night chat session. He was wired after munching on a bunch of chocolate covered espresso beans. Which, as it was well after midnight, was only appropriate considering the theme of the day. We then ended up getting into a discussion about how bad his gas is after bean consumption. I began to rethink my choice of day to celebrate. But seeing as my other option was National Bird Day and they've been discovering thousands of dead birds all across the country, I felt it best to risk it with the beans.

That left me with about 3 hours to "nap" before an early-morning inventory.  After that was over & done with, roomie, boss, & I headed to the Cracker Barrel for lunch. On the way back, during a passionate discussion pertaining to the awesomeness that is Florence + The Machine, I got zapped. The officer was a jerk and I hate to accuse anyone of telling a falsehood, but that man was flat out lying! He claimed I was going 56 in a 35! I was speeding - 8 miles over to be precise - but he pulled me over for 56 & ticketed me for 45. I considered contesting it, but seeing as I was mildly speeding and I've had somewhere in the vicinity of 15 tickets, I decided to just pay it. I do however make it a habit of paying my tickets the day AFTER they are due. If I'm going to have to suffer the inconvenience of paying a fine, the officer is going to have to suffer the inconvenience of waiting around for me to show up in court. I figure if he sees I paid the ticket, then he knows he doesn't have to show. By paying it late, he has to waste an hour of his day. So... I win!

Anyway, after getting the ticket I headed back to the store & proceeded to parallel park right into another car. Fortunately there was no damage, as it appeared I backed into their license plate. A silver lining, yes, but this day was already ticking me off & I still had to work my other job. Sigh.

Thankfully Chipotle & a McDonald's Diet Coke helped me to survive the rest of the day without incident.

Burrito: $5.95
Diet Coke: $1.00
Speeding Ticket: $155.00
Not having any disturbing side effects from downing an extra-beans burrito: Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment