Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Harlem Globetrotter's Day!

Friday 01/07/11

I love how because my sister made good grades, I got free Sake today. I've been trying to learn to like new things & I finally found a sushi I love - Naruto Maki (& it's even better when earned by one family member & paid for by another)! I basically worked all day, but was able to schedule a 3 hour break at work so that I could meet up with the fam for dinner.

Other than that, it was a fairly uneventful day. However, I did enjoy a little bit of childhood reminiscence before leaving the house. Everything I know about the Harlem Globetrotters I learned from Scooby Doo. So in honor of Harlem Globetrotter's Day, I pulled up the cartoon on YouTube where Scooby & the gang play some hoops with the boys from Harlem. It was dubbed in Romanian, which I wouldn't say I'm fluent in, tho I do speak a bit. Buna dimineata, for example. It means "good morning." Mama mea este o caracatita. Which means "my mother is an octopus." As I said, not fluent, but everything I know in Romanian I learned from Tom Selleck, so that's something.

No comments:

Post a Comment